We are a trusted UK university partner, specialising in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and PhD applications. Don’t apply alone, arrange your free consultation today.

Benefits of studying in the UK

The UK is a welcoming, diverse and popular destination for international students. Coming to a university or college here will give you world-class teaching and help you develop great skills for success in the global workforce.

An interesting Place to Live

The UK is full of different cultures, historical landmarks and amazing events to keep you entertained.

  • There’s a mix of cosmopolitan cities and countryside villages all over the four regions of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
  • You’ll find widely varied cuisine, strong transport links, famous music festivals and international sporting championships.

High Quality Education

UK education is recognised by employers, universities and governments worldwide.

  • Four of the top six universities on the planet are in the UK

  • UK research is ‘world leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ , which produces quality profiles for universities and colleges by assessing research activity against agreed quality standards.

Selecting your level of Education for UK

Qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland are grouped into levels, starting from entry level to level 8. Scorp Education have experience of comparing different qualification from different countries , which helps us selecting your right level according to UK Education system.

UK universities and colleges offer thousands of excellent courses, leading to qualifications that are respected by employers and academics worldwide. When you think of UK higher education qualifications, you might think of bachelor’s and master’s degrees, MBAs and PhDs. There are, however, many other types. At undergraduate level the main qualifications offered are:

Academic Year

In the UK, the standard academic year starts in September or October and runs until June or July. Some courses are more flexible, however, and offer a range of start dates.

Average Tuition Fees

Tuition fees vary depending on the type of course (arts or science; undergraduate or postgraduate) and the duration of the course. An indication of the average international students fees are listed below.

  • Undergraduate Arts- £7000 to £10,500 per year
  • Undergraduate Science- £7000 to £10,500 per year
  • Postgraduate Arts(taught)- £7000 to £10,500 per year
  • Postgraduate Science(taught)- £7000 to £12,500 per year
  • MBA £7,500 to -£15,100 per year

Cost of living

Living costs include accommodation, food and personal expenses, in addition to the full course fees, the average monthly living costs needed (depending on where you are studying) are:

Monthly Costs: Lower range Monthly Costs: Upper range
Rent £360 £700
Food £140 £250
Gas/electricity* £40 £80
Internet £20 £60
Mobile phone £10 £50
Laundry/toiletries £10 £40
Printing, stationery, photocopying, text books £25 £50
Total per month £605 £1,230

Inner London

  • if you make your Tier 4 application on or after 12 November 2015 this amount will increase to £1,265 per month.  Therefore if your course lasts for nine months or more you will have to show £11,385.

Outer London

  • if you make your Tier 4 application on or after 12 November 2015 this amount will increase to £1,015 per month.  Therefore if your course lasts for nine months or more you will have to show £9,135.

Working as a Student

If you are enrolled in a university, you can work for up to 20 hours a week, and full time in the holidays. You can also undertake work placement if it is a course requirement, providing the work component comprises no more than 50% of the total course.


If you are thinking of Studying in UK


Scorp Education Consultants are here to help you find a course right course for your career needs. We make sure sure to check the entry requirements for your country. Each course and university will have different entry requirements. You can register with us to save your favourite courses and wait for your free consultation callback..

Required Documents


  • Copy of passport/visa (if available)
  • Academic transcript
  • Certificate of Graduation
  • Certificate of English proficiency
  • Personal Statement
  • Recommendation letters
  • CV (if applicable)


Additional Documents for PhD/Research Studies



Personal Statement Requirement


The personal statement is your opportunity to display why you would be such a good student for the university to accept. It should include:

  • An introduction about yourself and your goals
  • Outline your academic history and interests
  • Outline any relevant work experience
  • Summarise your academic goals on the course
  • Express your will to enter this course
  • Download a Sample Personal Statement here


Reference Letters Requirement


References are usually written by someone who knows you academically or professionally. Most references will talk about you from a teacher’s or supervisor’s perspective: the way in which you interact with other students and your performance in classes and seminars. Your reference does not have to be academic, but if you’re studying or have recently completed school or college, an academic reference is expected. Choosing the right referee is crucial for your application to university. Things to consider:

  • Choose an appropriate referee
  • Print on official company or university letterhead
  • Explain the relationship between you and the referee
  • Express confidence that you will complete the course
  • Don’t forget the signature of the referee
  • Download a Sample Reference Letter here


If Student Already in the UK


Following documents of colour scan required for in country applicants.

  • Copies of all BRP (Biometric Residence Permit)
  • Copies of all visa letters issued / used at the embassy
  • Copies of all CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)
  • Copies of all course enrolments/ progress/ completion letters
  • Copies of all academic achievement in Degrees/ Diplomas/ Certificate etc
  • In case if a college license is revoked students are served with a letter of curtailment from Home Office.
  • Copy of Bank statement cover maintenance funds covering 28 days

If you are visiting us for your Free Consultation, use above checklist to ensure you bring along all your documents so we can make the most of your appointment.

If you are making an application Study in UK


You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:


You can apply if


  • Have been offered a place on a course (known as CAS Letter)
  • Meet the English Eligibility Requirements
  • Have enough money to support yourself and and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances
  • Are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.


CAS Letter


Your education provider will send you a reference number called a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) once they’ve offered you a place on a course. You’ll need to enter this on your visa application.

You must apply for your visa no more than 6 months after you receive the CAS.


Maintenance Funds


You will need enough money to pay for your course fees and your living costs while you are in the UK. The Home Office refers to this as the maintenance (funds) requirements.

Maintenance must be in the form of cash funds. You cannot use evidence of other types of finances, such as shares, bonds or a pension fund. You also cannot use an overdraft facility.

The amount of money that you need to have for your maintenance will depend on:

  1. How long your courses lasts AND
  2. Where you will be studying in the UK


Maintenance Funds for Applicants


  • Inner London £1,265 per month.  Therefore if your course lasts for nine months or more you will have to show £11,385.
  • Outer London £1,015 per month.  Therefore if your course lasts for nine months or more you will have to show £9,135.


Course Fees


You must have enough money to pay for the course fees for the first year of your course, or the entire course if it is less than one year long. Your CAS will state the fees that you will be required to pay for the first year of your course, or the entire course if it is less than one year long. The Home Office will use the details in your CAS to confirm how much money you need for your course fees.

If you do not need to pay any course fees to your Tier 4 sponsor, your CAS will state that there are no fees due. For example, if you are applying to come to the UK as part of a ‘study abroad’ programme, and you have paid all of your course fees to your home institution, this will be confirmed in your CAS.


Amount of Money Required for Dependants


If your dependant applies on or after 12 November 2015, then the amount of money that each dependant must show is as follows:

  • If you will study in London, £845 for each month of your course, up to a maximum of 9 months (that is, a maximum figure of £7,605). The definition of ‘London’ for these purposes is complicated, so check with your college or university whether or not you will be considered to be studying in London.
  • If you will study somewhere other than London, £680 for each month of your course, up to a maximum of 9 months (that is, a maximum figure of £6,120).

Note: There is no reduction in cases where students already have an ‘established presence’ in the UK (provision for this was abolished on 12 November 2015).


Required documents for Student Visa Application


  • A current passport or other valid travel documentation
  • passport-sized colour photograph with your name written on the reverse side
  • Proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course
  • Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
  • Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
  • You’ll need to have a blank page in your passport on which to put the visa.


Visa application Fees


  • It costs £322 to apply for this visa from outside the UK and same for any dependants applying with you.

  • You must pay £439 per person or any dependants if applying inside the UK.

  • You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.


How long it can take ?


  • You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the start of your course.

  • You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
  • Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.


How Scorp Education Can help you ?


  • Scorp Education Consultants will check your academic history and provide you with best option to study in UK Universities / Colleges.
  • We will prepare your admission application free of charge and with no obligation.
  • Our admissions team will keep you up to date with any requirements or change apply to your admission as well your course.
  • Once your admission application is accepted our team will inform if you are likely to be interviewed by University/ College and our education consultants will help you prepare for your academic interview to ensure 100% success.
  • Our consultants will help you write your personal statements.
  • Our PhD service includes assistance in preparing your research proposal to ensure it is accepted by your desired University.

Meet Us Today

If you are interested in learning more, arrange your free consultation.