The International Foundation Programme is designed to prepare you for undergraduate study in the UK. You will improve your subject knowledge through attendance at lectures and seminars in your chosen subject area, and you will develop your English language skills in additional classes. Further you will..
- Learn to deal with academic reading texts
- Improve your general academic skills of taking notes from lectures
- Develop your knowledge and use of academic grammar and vocabulary
- Improve your writing skills through working on academic writing tasks and essays throughout the year
- Learn to participate confidently in academic discussions and seminars and to give successful presentations
When you complete the programme you will be awarded with a Pathway Certificate in Foundation Studies by the University. Once you achieve minimum criteria to progress for undergraduate degree programme you are given an option either to follow the course in same University or a choice of your own.
Who Can Study Foundation Programmes?
If a student has not achieved good academic grades and holds lower english level score than a minimum entry requirements they are advised to take 2 – 3 terms foundation course. A minimum IELTS score of 4.5 is required for international students wishing to study a foundation, with no single element less than 4.0. If you need to improve your English, IELTS preparation courses are available for all levels and abilities. Sign up for a free IELTS practice test and improve your score in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
If you have no formal English qualifications, you may need to attend an English language course or college prior to starting your foundation course. Documents and entry requirements needed are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Higher Secondary transcripts
- Personal statement
- Scanned copy of passport and visa
- Completed application form
- Minimum IELTS score of 4.5 or equivalent
- Reference letter from your high school teacher
Our Foundation Programme Partners
Scorp works with education partners to attract the highest calibre of students from around the world. We broaden the reach of our partner institutions, and provide the highest quality preparation and training to secure the very best outcomes for students and our partners.